Bits of Sweetness: No, Daycare Doesn't Ruin Kids

No, Daycare Doesn't Ruin Kids


Photo by Sai De Silva on Unsplash

"There's no way I'm putting my kids in daycare. It would ruin them."
"Never will I pay for someone else to raise my kids!"
"Parents should be the only teachers kids have in their lives."

These are just some of the arguments I hear against moms working outside the home and kids being in daycare. We have had seasons of life doing both- being at home and working outside the home.

Currently I have a little of both worlds as I work part time as an early learning teacher. I have to say, there are pros and cons to both. There is no perfect answer for either. There are struggles and challenges that parents doing both face. It's hard being at home all day with kids. It's hard being at work all day away from kids. 

If I've found anything to be true in life, it's that we are called to different lives for very good reasons.

There is no one size fits all.

The most important thing is that we do what works best for our family.

I saw a parody piece written a few years back about a college-kid whose life was ruined because his mom fed him formula instead of breastmilk. The satire was hilarious but it made a very good point: there is no one way to "ruin" a child just like there are many ways to raise a great child!

Working parents enrich their kids lives by letting many people love on them and teach them.

Stay-at-home parents enrich their kids' lives by giving them one-on-one time during the week.

Working parents are able to give kids good perspectives on time management.

There are so many ways to parent. I appreciate every one just doing their best to raise kind human beings who love others. That is truly what makes the world better, regardless of working status.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a comment truly makes my day!