Bits of Sweetness: Roasted Honey Mustard Pan Vegetables {Easy Brunch under $10!}

Roasted Honey Mustard Pan Vegetables {Easy Brunch under $10!}



Every now and then, a fancy breakfast sounds like what would make the perfect morning. I don't know about you, but I rarely have time to actually put something elegant or time-consuming together (at least not during the week!) so, in creating this dish, I knew it had to fall under easy, tasty, and a little bit fancy. The honey mustard really hits the spot and kicks it up a notch! I don't normally think of that flavor as being a breakfast one, but it is delectable and perfect for brunch!

Roasted_Honey_Mustard_Pan_Vegetables

I go to a wonderful mom's group (MOPS!) It happened to be our table's week to bring food for the twice-monthly meeting. I picked up some donut holes but felt in the mood for something a little more substantial (and fancy!) I'd heard Grocery Outlet had expanded their organic NOSH section and decided to check it out since I needed a few things for my dish to bring. Consensus? It's an impressive size and has so many brands we already buy (and some new favorites!)

27016460_10156228831900530_218129256_o

Probably my best score was a huge bag of frozen butternut squash for $4.99 versus at least twice that much. I tend to meal plan like I pick outfits for photos- select one main ingredient and build something around it. They had a lot of organic frozen veggies on sale for $2.99 & this week, KIND bars Oats & Honey with Coconut flavor are on sale for $1.99! I know I would have paid twice that at my other favorite store. These were my final picks for main ingredients in the recipe I was creating (on the spot- fun yet challenging!) Total cost? Under $10!

27016750_10156228882715530_519888724_o

Final verdict? Having an excuse to make some delicious food is always good for the soul. Also friendships. We had a wonderful talk about counter-cultural living and what things actually bring happiness. (Hint: contentment. It is one of the biggest factors in true happiness and joy.)

IMG_8634

IMG_8636

I have a nice little problem on my hands now- I have a lot of butternut squash leftover! What are some of your favorite ways to use it? I think I might roast it with butter and cinnamon for some healthier snack options in the remaining ten weeks of pregnancy.

Do you shop at Grocery Outlet? My 5-year old has their little jingle memorized from the radio. I don't think I'll ever forget it now! Highly recommend stopping by sometime and checking out both their selection and prices on their NOSH section. It would make for some awesome easy lunchbox add-ins or the makings of a tasty brunch dish like this!

Roasted Honey Mustard Pan Vegetables

Ingredients
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 sweet potato cubed
1 potato cubed
1 cup quartered brussel sprouts
3 Morning Star patties crumbled
1 TBS EVOO
S & P to taste
2 TBS honey mustard

Preheat oven to 400 F

Lay all ingredients (minus the patties) on a baking dish or pan. 
Bake for 20 minutes, then broil for 10 minutes.
Add in crumbles. Serve. Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a comment truly makes my day!